Keeping our Patients and Staff Safe
Patient and staff safety is a top priority for us at Godmanchester Dental. We follow the strictest standards of infection control so that when you receive dental care, you feel safe, comfortable and protected.
Your safety is our priority
Our practice has a safety culture which means that patient safety is at the forefront of everyone’s minds, not only when delivering healthcare but also when setting objectives, developing procedures, and purchasing new products and equipment. We pride ourselves in having a culture that is open and fair, where team members can discuss the challenges they face at work in the best interests of our patients.
For Patient Safety we:
- Follow the latest infection prevention guidelines in HTM 01-05.
- Use dental instruments that are either single use, or are sterilised after each patient use.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including clinical clothing and the restricted wearing of jewellery.
- Monitor practice water for quality. Our dental unit waterlines are disinfected and kept clear.
- Handle waste according to current regulations and dispose of it with appropriate licensed carriers.
- Take expert advice if a team member may have a blood borne infection. The team member will have an occupational health examination and follow professional advice on their role in treating patients.
All our team members are trained in the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults and follow the practice safeguarding procedures, which are regularly monitored and reviewed.
We always welcome questions, comments and suggestions from patients and the team. Please contact us, if we can help you in any way.
Covid-19 Special Safety Precautions
You may notice some changes from what you are used to when you visit us for your first dental appointment. These safety measures and protocols are there for us to operate a safe and efficient dental practice for our patients and staff following the Government’s Covid-19 regulations. We respectfully ask you to be patient with us and our team, we are doing the best we can under challenging conditions.
- When making your appointment we will ask you some screening questions to ensure that it is safe for you to attend and that we give you an appointment time personalised to your needs. If we feel that you could have been exposed to Covid-19, even if you are asymptomatic, we will respectfully request that you rearrange your appointment.
- To save you time we have invested in the newest online software that allows you to fill in all necessary forms on your smart phone or your computer at home before you come for your appointment. These will be sent by text message to you in good time before your visit.
- We have prepared a greeting station where a hand sanitising unit will be available; we kindly ask that you use it before entering the reception area. We would also like you to bring your own face mask to wear during your time in the practice and while waiting for your appointment.
- Please ensure that you are not too early for your appointment and that you attend alone. This is because in adhering to social distancing rules we are aiming to have fewer patients in the waiting room at any one time.
- We will all be wearing high grade protective equipment, more than you may have been used to seeing, depending upon the procedure planned. Don’t worry it will not stop us from offering the personalised service that you expect from us.
- Please remember that the practice cleanliness is set by the CQC standards. All our surgeries are fully disinfected and ventilated between appointments. This includes decontaminating work areas including the dental chair, hand held equipment and cupboard handles, in between every patient.
- We are increasing the time between appointments to allow for extended surgery cleaning. All common areas including door handles and surfaces will also be regularly disinfected at set times.
- Our reception desk has an acrylic screen for the safety of our patients and staff. We recommend that payments are made by card or contactless where possible. We also accept Apple and Google pay. As a temporary measure we would be grateful if you do not pay with cash or cheque.
- There will be no additional fees charged to you for these heightened infection control measures.
These cross-infection protocols are constantly being revised and monitored as we learn more about how to control the virus. You can telephone the practice on 01480 573939 or email us if you have any further questions on our Covid-19 safety measures. We look forward to seeing you at your next visit.